Canberra 48 Hour Race
- Fri 15 March 2019 12:00 PM | AIS Track and Field Centre
- Sat 16 March 2019 12:00 AM | AIS Track and Field Centre
- Sun 17 March 2019 12:00 PM | AIS Track and Field Centre
The CBR 48hr at the AIS has 48 hour, 24 hour, 12 hour and 6 hour races, and a night marathon.
The CBR 48hr is the AURA Australian 48hr National Championships for 2019.
Throughout the weekends racing there will be turn around in direction approximately every four hours.
- 48 hour race begins at 12:00hrs on Friday 15th March 2019 and ends 12:00hrs Sunday 17th March 2019.
- 42.2k marathon starts at 18:00hrs on Friday 15th March 2019 ( no time limit )
- 24 hour race begins at 09:00hrs on Saturday 16th March 2019 and ends 09:00hrs Sunday 17th March 2019.
- 12 hour/100km race begins at 12:00hrs on Saturday 16th March 2019 and ends 24:00hrs Saturday 16th March 2019.
- 6 hour race begins at 12:00hrs on Saturday 16th March 2019 and ends 18:00hrs Saturday 16th March 2019.
This event is a runners event with a family atmosphere amongst helpers and athletes (most of the organising team are or have been ultra runners).
The event is also the main fundraising campaign for Kilted to Kick Cancer Australia, which is determined to open up the conversation about prostate health, supporting the mission of the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
Whether you are an experienced ultra veteran, or first-timer keen to explore the realms beyond the marathon, we look forward to welcoming you and encourage you to participate in this special event.